DEFINITION OF SURVIVAL
DEFINITION OF SURVIVAL
WHAT IS THE SURVIVAL?
- A person or thing that survives. Something that survives.
- A state of surviving; remaining alive. The condition of living or the state of being alive.
- A natural process resulting in the evolution of organisms best adapted to the environment.
Why learn the rules of survival?
- To get to know yourself.
- To have more confidence in your abilities.
- To see the modern life with different eyes.
- To learn new things.
- To being in contact with nature and get to know it.
- To learn to anticipate the dangers.
- To know what to do in any environmental and climatic situation.
- To overcome your fears and concerns.
- To find out how far you can push yourself with your body and mind.
The survival school will teach you how to survive the heat, cold, pain, fatigue, thirst, hunger, fear, solitude and frustration.
Go to the mountains to ski, make an excursion, go to hunt mushrooms or animals, go to sea for a boat trip or a cruise, make a crossing through the desert, go camping in a foreign country, go on vacation, visit remote places, venture into the rainforest or the savannah, make an expedition to the poles or in an other extreme environment, are situations in which it may be necessary or essential, at least know the rules and the basic survival techniques:
- how to find water,
- how to find food,
- what animals and plants are edible,
- how to build a trap to catch a prey,
- how to build a shelter,
- how to light a fire,
- how to orientate yourself,
- how to ask for help,
- what to bring along in every situation (equipment and clothing),
- how to address the environmental and climatic conditions of the place,
- how to exploit the environment around us.
It’s always advisable for those who live in town, and do not venture outside of country, know the survival and the first aid rules.
Why take risk, when the advanced society in which we live provides us with all the luxuries and conveniences that we need?
Because from the very beginning, human being has been driven by curiosity, by a desire to explore, to learn, to travel, to go beyond the known horizons, by a morbid desire for discovery who was stronger than any fear.
Man since its creation examines and explores the world around him. Then the horizon widens, this unknown calls, challenge and invites him.
Now the planet has been completely mapped, and the unknown areas have disappeared from ours maps.
Today this thirst to venture beyond the known boundaries, can be compared with the space travels.
WHAT IT IS AN ADVENTURE?
Unexpected event, out of the ordinary and curious.
A challenge that has unforeseen, and risks, but that fascinates.
Leave for an adventure, venturing into the unknown without fear.
WHAT IT IS THE FEAR?
Fear is a strong emotion derived from the perception of danger, that can be real or supposed.
“DO NOT BE AFRAID” these are the words that have accompanied man throughout all his history!
Do not be afraid, otherwise you will not see anything, nothing you will experience and nothing you will discover. People who are afraid of the risk, will never know the taste for adventure. People who have never suffered hunger will never know the joy of eating. Who says: “I can not sleep if I’m not on my bed”, he is shown not to be tired enough or fit enough to sleep on the ground or under a tree.
If fear had prevailed on curiosity: no discovery would have been made, and the mankind would probably be extinct from millennia.
The key to survival is to adapt. In a survival situation it’s very difficult to plan because the environment tends to prevail. You have to be flexible and take advantage of what you find.
In this site you will find many tips, advices, informations, tricks, manuals and guides that will give you the right concepts in order to survive in hostile places, and to natural or man-made disasters.